Episode 15: Bossy and Aggressive Behavior Towards Siblings
In this episode, I talk about my parenting experience with bossy and aggressive behavior. I discuss the importance of having unconditional love, compassion, and empathy as a way to understanding how our child’s behavior stems from their internal fears and desire to control (because of their fears).
In sharing my personal story my hope is that it will help you if you are facing this kind of behavior. If you think my story and advice might help a family member or friend, please share it with them.
Throughout the episode, I challenge you to shift how you view aggressive behavior to see that what your child is actually needing, is actually asking for is you. They’re asking for your unconditional love, your compassion, your empathy, your understanding and your kindness.
Key Points From This Episode:
- My personal experience with bossy and aggressive behavior
- The power of judgment-free observation.
- A consistent approach to moving through the locked aggressive feelings of a toddler.
- How to understand your child’s behavior with unconditional love and empathy.
- How to support all your children when one is hurting from the actions of their sibling.
- Remodeling aggressive actions to become respectful communication and healthy interactions.
- The main goal when dealing with challenging behavior.
- The importance of a parent’s kindness, empathy, unconditional love, and compassion.